Tuesday, December 9, 2008

all you need is love....

It's 1:00 in the morning and I can't sleep so I'll blog.
An ugly situation happened last evening and I am just trying to grasp what God has in it for me.
I have been struggling with my flesh for 2 hours and I can't resolve it on my own.
Duh....
I really don't know why I even try, afterall, I'm dumber than a fencepost.
I decided to read my bible and try for a "fresh perspective"(should have tried that first).
He showed me lots of verses about valuing true friends and speaking wise words that are like apples of gold to a friend, about how friends sharpen one another just as iron sharpens iron, etc.
But what God really wanted me to know and understand is that if I have faith to move mountains but I have not love..... I am nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind, love does not envy, love does not boast, it is not rude nor seeks its own, it is not easily provoked and thinks no evil, does not rejoice in iniquity but rejoices in the truth, it bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.
Love accepts any hardship or rejection, and continues unabated to build up and encourage.
The love described by Paul in this chapter means determining what is best for another person and then doing it.
This is the kind of love that God shows to us.
Thank you, Father, for your gift of love.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hey, all ya need is love. What's up? How can I help? Consider yourself "hugged" until I can do it for real at the BB game tonight! Cuz I do love you girlfriend.