Saturday, June 21, 2008

a book review....

WOW!
The dog got me up early this mornin' so I decided to stay up and read the book that Jill lent me: "The Shack".
WOW! I really loved it!
The whole theme of the book really resonated with me and....the imagery was breathtaking.
I loved the idea that God meets us right where we're at and that it is OK.
God is a verb.....love that.
The author poignantly suggests that the only precious jewel that is made literally from suffering is a Pearl, which is used in the parable of the Banquet and the Pearl of Great Price....love that.
I love how the story represents God, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit because it's not the way you would think, and the way that pain was protrayed was exactly the way I used to embrace my pain, just like I did, the author gave it a name which made it all the more tangible.
While this story is a body of fiction I believe that it speaks Truth through the story of this man grappling with the pain of childhood, unforgiveness, and the excruciatingly painful loss of a child, and it allowed him to experience these things through the eyes of God.
I would highly recommend "The Shack" especially if you've experienced great pain and loss in your life.
For me, it showcased God's great ability to get you to the other side which is His redeeming love.


No comments: