Friday, January 1, 2010

Theme for 2010....

It's a New Year and what comes with that is a new Theme, or possibly the same theme?
I was looking over last year's posts and reading over the Journey to LOVE theme that the Lord gave me.
WOW-what a journey!
It was very emotional for me to read over the things God spoke to my heart over the last year...He was ALWAYS there...guiding me...loving me, in spite of me, surrounding me with people who held me to that standard.
I feel so blessed-thank you, Father, your many blessings.
So, what is my Theme for 2010: SEEKING THE LORD
Seeking the Lord, as Mary did, sitting in His presence in utter adoration, not in the dutiful/busy/performance manner, as Martha chose.
I am throwing off those encumbrances that so easily ensnare me and choosing instead, to seek His Holy presence, to worship Him without abandon, to seek His will and His will alone, to not move until I hear Him say-"MOVE".
Tall order...because it is so easy to get lost in our SERVICE to the LORD that we forget to actually SEEK HIM first.
I encourage you to ask the Lord to give you a Theme for the coming year. Then ask Him to show you how to live it.
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you.

"Now set your heart and your soul to seek the Lord your God."
I Chronicles 22:19

1 comment:

kim said...

Great theme! I love it. We do often get all caught up in the service, duty, do and forget the abiding part. I can't wait to hear what God will speak to you.