Thursday, February 28, 2008

Family renewal....

Whew!
I'm finally feeling better after a couple of weeks of illness.
Do you suppose I have any brain cells left to articulate what's going on in my head?
You decide.....

This weekend was the Family Revival and I have to say that it was inspiring and compelling.
Our family was blessed and challenged to have a family mission statement.
Dr. Pipes also encouraged families to go on a mission trip together which I have already been praying about since God spoke to my heart a while ago about this.
We committed to being a family that seeks God in all things and we have committed to memorizing scripture as a family.
All in all it was very good.
In the meantime, I have discovered that since we now have a 16 year old in the house, it is in our best interest to change our parenting style which is totally throwing off my game!!
I was just getting the hang of things.....then she HAD to turn 16....uhhhh.......
We'll figure it out, don't worry.
Anyhoo, I am excited to see what God has in store for our families.
Here's our verse of the week:

"And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in real knowledge and all descernment, so that you may approve the things that are excellent, in order to be sincere and blameless until the day of Christ."
Phillipians 1:9-10

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Another great verse, (aren't they all?)

I am glad you are walking the road ahead of so I can follow in your footsteps.

Jill said...

I am looking forward to what the Lord has to teach us in Sunday School too. I think this is a great opportunity for the families of our church.