Friday, February 8, 2008

a season of prayer.....

This week a group of us prayed and fasted over the healing of a dear friend from church who suffers horrible from several different maladies.
Her mother-in-law told us that God had spoken to her about why she has not been healed and it is simply because she hasn't asked the Lord to do so.
As I was reading my bible God took me to the story of the paralytic who was healed because his friends took him to the Lord Jesus and literally laid him at His feet.
Jesus saw the faith of the four friends and then He told the paralytic," My Son, your sins are forgiven."
And then He said," In order that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins, I say to you, rise, take up your pallet and go home."
I love the picture of the friends who had a great faith; a faith that led them to believe what Jesus could do for their friend.
It doesn't say that the paralytic had great faith, only the friends.
And Jesus healed him.
What a beautiful picture of intercession; praying on someone else's behalf.
I'm excited to see what the Lord will do for our friend.
I'll keep you posted.

No comments: