Tuesday, February 5, 2008

yesterday was just Monday, but today......

It's SUPER TUESDAY!!!!!
What's that mean?????
It means that 21 states are having their state primaries in which they decide who they want to be their presidential canditate.
Will it be decided today who the candidates will be?
No.
Our GOP caucus is on Saturday where it will be decided what delegates are going to our state primary which is February 22, I believe.
I think it is unlikely that Con and I would go to the National Convention as seated delegates because everyone wants in on the show during election year so the competition would be fierce, however, I would LOVE to go just to see how it all unfolds, this grassroots government of ours.
It's pretty awesome.
What can you do in the meantime?
Get informed.
Find out the issues, check voting records of the candidates to see where they stand on issues, watch the debates; I'm not kidding, they are highly enlightning.
Tell you what, I'll find the websites for voting records and for the issues and I'll post what I find.
People keep asking me who I think they should vote for and I say, "do your homework(which I will help with) and then vote your conscience."
We have a few fundamental rights, people, that are listed in our Constitution, and we have a huge right to vote for our politicians and our government officials. They are countries out there where voters literally take thier lives into their hands for this very right; the right to cast a vote.
If you take this priveledge lightly, say you choose not vote or, perhaps you just mimick someone else's vote because you choose to be uninformed, then I say that since you gave up that right then you have no right to complain about the outcome.
You know who you are; the couch comentators.
I urge you to get off that couch, quit complaining, get informed, and be a Patriot!
It's YOUR fundamental right!


No comments: