Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy birthday to Lacey....Happy birthday to you....

I cannot believe that I am the mother of a 17 year old!!!!!
Wow.
Her big gift this year is a trip to Florida to see the Brauneis family over spring break.
She is very excited to see Brooke and Derek and to see the beaches over there, however, I don't think she's thought about the whole traveling by herself, switching planes in Houston(which is a huge airport), and all that.
In fact, I am not so keen on that either especially after seeing the movie, "Taken", which depicts the story of a 17 yr. old girl abducted after flying with a friend to Paris.
I keep telling myself that I was only 15 when I flew by myself to visit cousins in CA(of course, it was different world then and I didn't have to change planes).
I'm freaking myself out just thinking about it.
It will be fine...it'll be good for her....
I'll have to fake it to make it.
;0)


1 comment:

Juli said...

When I went to pick Jacob up from RBC on Sat. night I passed Lacey driving the truck! She doesn't seem old enough, or big enough to me. I think I will have her stuck at 13-years old in my head forever. She is becoming a beautiful young lady, but that is expected since she has a gorgeous mama!