Wednesday, February 18, 2009

just stuff...

Goodness, the week is flying by...
I have been remiss in my bible study/prayer time and I am feeling the effects of it.
I should stop right now and pick up where I left off....but, I have some thoughts.
I was talking with my bro-in-law about the state of the world and we talked about how transparent we are to our neighbors and those we come across on a daily basis. etc.
The question being: do people know that we are passionate Christ followers by the way we speak, or by the way we treat our family, our friends; do we take every opportunity to "love on people" the way Jesus would have????
Especially in this perilous time we live in, are we "living out loud for Jesus"??
I feel so convicted about this and I know that I have let things get in the way of my convictions and all I can say is, "I am flawed..so flawed"
How can God even use me?
I t would be so much easier if God would just ask someone else to do it!
Do you know what I mean?
I think the thing for me to do is to seek Refuge in Him, just rest in the arms of my Redeemer....
It's so easy for me to get caught in the trap of performance-and think that it is enough to serve....instead of worshipping the One who is worthy of all praise and letting our service be a response to that worship time.
I'm still learning.....what a dork!!!!


1 comment:

Jill said...

Remember our saying of 'God uses me, in spite of me'? It amazes me that He even would want to. From one flawed friend to another...I love ya.

I have found myself being very critical lately and I am sorry if that has landed on you. I am sure that God is preparing me for week 5 of my study...a critical spirit. Good times.