Monday, January 7, 2008

we don't have a prayer....

I absolutely love it when God speaks in themes....
All around me are the voices of affirmation telling me that God is speaking to them, as well, and it is so sweet.
God has burdened my heart; we, the Church, the Bride of Christ, have forgotten how to pray fervently.
My goodness, I was talking to a friend today about this idea and we got on the subject of a mutual friend's daughter who is deaf and needing coqulear(spelling?) implants and my friend suggested that God could heal her!!!!!
Heal her?????
It never even entered my mind to ask for that.
What is wrong with me is what is wrong with a lot of Christians who are not accustomed to this idea.
I mean, we hear stories of the miraculous but do we really believe God would perform miracles in our lives???????
Do we think we are worthy of God's blessings?
Do we have "deep-water-faith" in the "shallow-end"?
I'm as guilty as anyone, but, God is moving in me and showing me that He has a more excellent way, He delights in us, and He wants us to give everything to Him; our joys, our sorrows, our devotion, our selfishness, all of it.
He promises to finish the work for us, to never leave us nor forsake us, and He asks that we endure to the end and to live boldly...for Him.
That is my desire.
I heard it said that God will not bring revival to the church, but to homes, one family at a time.
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
So. what does that look like????
I think knee pads are in order, cuz we're gonna need it.

No comments: