Friday, May 16, 2008

He has placed eternity in their hearts.....

I love summer!
I love the flowers and the trees and the birds singing and.....
I don't know, somethin' about a new season fills my heart with gladness.
I love working in the yard.
I love seeing things grow.
It seems the summer season is the season of seeing your neighbors and catching up after a LONG winter, of making plans for vacation, of looking forward to the lighter schedule ahead.
It's all good.
Of course, it reminds me of my heavenly home, too.
Even though this place is full of beauty and I love this time of year I still LONG for heaven, truly.
I am one of those that has a VERY strong sense of Eternity...and knowing that He placed it in my heart makes it all the more sweet and makes the difficult things in life easier to endure.
Life isn't always kind or fair, and can be downright hideous, but it is temporal, like a vapor, and THAT alone keeps my heart longing for what is to come.


2 comments:

Tricia said...

It's good to "hear" from you. I too love summer, staying up later with daylight, lazy days and having lots of fun! I am so glad summer is just about here. This kind of change is good.

Carol said...

Looking forward to this new season headed our way and the hope it brings. =)