Monday, May 12, 2008

Lacey's Prom.....

So, Lacey's Homeschool Prom was this last weekend and she had her hair and make-up done by Jen and then she and her friends went to Casa Mia for dinner before the dance...she was so pretty and grown-up looking and it was so sweet.....
We picked her up and asked how it went and she said it was fun and she danced alot....just not with any boys!!!!
Why?????(I'm sure I shrieked)
She said NOONE asked her to dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH MY LANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is wrong with the boys out there???????????????
The irony here is positively dripping because her dad spoke to her about being polite and not declining any offers to dance because that is rude and you would make the boy feel bad......
Don't the father's speak to their sons about making sure every girl in the room dances???????????????
Apparently not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure I'm taking this way to seriously.....
I'll get over it.

5 comments:

Jill said...

This is a no win situation. She doesn't dance and we can not believe it. What is wrong with the boys.

She dances and we don't like it. Leave her alone. ;o)

Carol said...

God is just protecting her heart. She will dance one day, and it will be a wonderful gift! ;)

Tricia said...

Did the boys ask any girls to dance? Well, I'd just be thankful knowing it's not Lacey, as she's a beautiful, wonderful girl, but that maybe the boys aren't ready too? Hmmm... Besides, I'd probably would've told my girls they don't need to dance with anyone they didn't want to...

Ginger said...

Maybe it's just as well...we don't want to get that "I need a man" monster all fired up!

Wendi said...

You know I remember my Prom i went with like 5 girls I think we just all danced with each other all night without any boys and i had a great time. Lacy is beautiful, she has nothing to worry about, maybe there was nobody worth dancing with anyway.