Saturday, November 17, 2007

my dream....

So....
I had this amazing dream the other night.
I dreamed that my mother was alive!(in reality, she died when I was 7 years old.)
Apparently, she had not died but had lapsed into a coma after her heart attack and when she'd awakened, my dad had already remarried and we'd moved away.(true, very true.)
She moved into a house just 2 blocks from our old home and waited for us to come back to her; we never did.
Anyway, in this dream I had heard of a woman who lived close to my childhood home with fiery red hair named, Neva, which was the exact description of my mother, and so, I went to see this woman.
I walked up to the house and saw a man I didn't know and then I looked in the window and I saw her...it was my mother!
I went to the door and asked for Neva and there she was.
I told her that I was her daughter, Lori, and she gave me a look that said she'd have to be convinced and so I convinced her.
In the end she started crying and ran into my arms and it felt so real.
I swear I could smell her....she asked about my brother and sister(I have 3 brothers and a sister) and I told her about them.
I couldn't wait to go get my sister and tell her that mom was alive.
Apparently, my brother already knew and hadn't told anyone(typical).
Anyway, there it is.
I woke up with this thought in my head: "there, I can give you your mother, too."
Slightly alarmed, I got up and wrote it down before it got all fuzzy.
I kept thinking: what does it mean and was this a gift from the Lord, or what?
My friend, Dana, suggested I give it to her friend who interprets dreams.
My question to her was how can she possibly do that without even knowing me?
Apparently she believes that dreams are all symbolic.
By the way, this woman is a Christian, don't worry, I'm not seeking other-world divinists.
So, I think I'll let this woman look at it and she what she has to say, if anything, it'll make for a good story.
I'll let you know....

3 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Thanksgiving my friend! I am thankful for you!

Sydnie said...

So I also have a new blog. You should check it out at christskid27.blogspot.com

Patriot said...

Hi! Just came across your blog tonight and wanted to let you know about a new giveaway I'm hosting this week. Come check it out! Thanks!!