Tuesday, November 13, 2007

MySpace tragey...

Did anyone see the news this am about the 13 yr. old girl who committed suicide after being the vicitm of an on-line hoax on MySpace????
It was hideous!!!!
Apparently it was orchestrated by the PARENTS of a friend who wanted to teach her a lesson after she hurt their daughter's feelings.
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!
These parents have escaped prosecution for criminal behavior and, yet, isn't it criminal the way they targeted this little girl and tortured her emotionally????
I mean, who are the adults in this situation????
Uhhhhh.....
I don't even know where to begin....it's so appalling on so many levels.
As someone who is committed to Christ, I know that it is not loving to sue those who injure us, ya know, we are to turn the other cheek, and all.
However, as a cautionary tale I believe this needs to have light shed all over it, after all, we cannot change the things that we don't acknowledge, right???
I hope the media keeps it alive and I hope MYSpace, who is owned by Fox will take steps to prosecute people who take advantage of their resources.
I'm just sayin'.....

1 comment:

vAdA said...

I know! its ridiculous!! And so many of my friends have a myspace! I rele hope that they get busted and put in jail..or at least punished!! They cant get away with it!! I cant imagine how the friend must feel. Her parents practically killed her friend!!