Monday, November 26, 2007

an opportunity to serve....

Well, it looks like our local Disaster Relief is being deployed down to Southern California this week to help with clean-up after the fires.
This will be new experience for me since I've usually been part of a feeding crew, though I'm not suggesting that is a cake-walk, not at all.
When you are deployed anywhere for Disaster Relief it is going to be hard work, no matter what you are doing, but it is such a labor of love to being able to serve and make a difference in a disaster situation.
My husband is worried about my neck...I'm not.
God has graciously healed it.
I am pain-free and have been for 5 weeks!
I should be recovering from surgery right now, that is how bad it was, but I and those around me prayed for my healing and God chose to heal it.
THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!
Did God heal me for such a time as this: so that I could serve in this way????
You know, God doesn't promise anywhere in His word that this life will be a cake-walk, He justs asks us to trust and obey and He will never leave us nor forsake us.
I do trust you, Father, and I want to obey.
Use me, I pray.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I am so proud of you to go serve in this way. You know I'll be praying for you and obviously God did heal you for this! Let me know if I can serve you in anyway while you're gone.

Love ya sista!