Friday, August 22, 2008

Church Chat

Gosh, it's good to catch up with everyone in the blog-world.
I have to admit, though, while I was posting yesterday I was mindful of those who visit this space that are not part of my sidebar contacts and I really struggled with how much to say and how personal to get.
I talked to Tricia about it and she challenged me to get back to why I blog and like Jill suggested to reevaluate our goals in blogging.
So, with that in mind I decided to filter just a little but still followed my heart.
When I started this blog initially it was to motivate me to write because I have started to write 2 books and I needed the practice.
Now, however, it feels more like a ministry, a sharing of ideas and a time for reflection and deep-felt concerns that I can safely air and know that I have a community of women who share my thoughts and hold me to a standard, who lift me up in prayer when I need it.
Thank you fellow bloggers for your inspiration and your thought provoking words.
I was talking to Dana this morning about what "church" looks like and we talked about how it doesn't have to be on Sunday morning, that "church" is simply worshipping the Lord, singing praises to His name, bringing our burdens to Him, and fellowshipping with fellow believers.
Guess what bloggers?
This is Church!


2 comments:

Carol said...

We are the church, soooo where two or more are gathered... =)

Leslie said...

Halleluia! Praise the Lord! Finally the internet has some redeeming quality! I would rather go to "church" with you girls than anyone else. And Carol is right, where two or more are gathered...Jesus is with us!