Wednesday, August 27, 2008

here she goes....

I know the answer to this question but I have to ask:

Has anyone been watching the Democratic convention?????

Anyhoo, of course, we have.
First of all, I am not getting on my soapbox to make a political speech or anything, I simply want to say that this next election is critical to the US in that the world is watching and waiting for the outcome and they are poised to react.
Please, please, please understand and embrace the right that we have and do not take it lightly, for other countries, you could die just to try and cast your vote.
It is a priveledge and we should be thankful for those that fought and suffered to give us this very right
Enough about that.
As I was watching the DNC yesterday and listening to various speeches and watching the crowd as they waved their banners and spoke of their loyalty to certain candidates I was struck by the great crevasse which separated the two entities; the delegates vs. their candidate(s).
If you're listening, you'll hear what each side wants and "ne'er the two shall meet".
This election(forget what I said about no speeches) is more about making history than it is about making a change for the better.
Let's face it, the people that want Hilary elected want her because she'll be the first WOMAN president. I mean, they can't want her for her politics because her politics are crazy-along-the-lines-of-communism, PLEASE!!!!!
The people who want Obama elected want him becasue he'll be the first African-American president. Surely they can't want him for HIS politics because...he doesn't have any!!!! He's a first term senator that only shows up to vote half the time and when he does he has shown himself to be the MOST liberal senator on the hill. When he is asked about the hard issues that people care about he starts his dodge and dance routine that leads to him not answering at all!!!!
What do the pundits say about him?
They talk about how pretty he is.
Do you see what I mean???
The candidates are making these not-so-lovely speeches to those who only care about their own agenda and frankly, it doesn't matter to the delegates what comes out of the candidates mouth because their minds are made up, have been made up for a long time.
Seriously, this country has become a country full of stupid sheep who will follow anyone who will "tickle their ears" and who will throw them some "breadcrumbs" that are easy to swallow, in fact, that are too good to be true because they are far too expensive, and who puts those leaders there?????
WE DO!!!!!!!!
What does Dr. Phil say?
"We teach people how to treat us."
And we have taught our leaders to have their own agendas that have nothing to do with helping people or bettering our country and we have taught them that there is no accountablity for their actions, we'll just blame the one before us, and them, after awile we'll just forget and start the process all over again.
That's insanity people!
I would have loved to have been part of the grass roots movement that started with our first government 230 years ago just to see what difference one voice could make.
Now, it seems the crevasse cannot be bridged, that it is too large a task.
What difference can I make??
I'm sure I would've received a sound lashing from one of our founding fathers, perhaps Thomas Jefferson himself, if he'd heard someone say that in his time.
Who would've imagined that 200 or so years later that some poitical junkie would be spouting this stuff from her forum called a blog that hopefully will inform and inspire those who drop by, for that is my intention, simply to inform and shed light on this important issue.
Thanks for listening, my friends,. I know that I am passionate about politics and probably quite alone in that, and that's OK.
I love you anyway.
)HEHEHE)

6 comments:

Tricia said...

I understand and agree with you wholeheartedly. I too think, what difference can I make? But I know one difference I and we can make is in our prayers! Thanks for the input.

By the way, how come I can only see this post? I think I missed your last one. :(

Leslie said...

It is so easy to get discouraged & apathetic in this political day & age. Thank you for being passionate about America's future. Did you watch the interviews of both candidates by Rick Warren? I have found it very interesting. Yes, Tricia we can make a difference in our prayers... I confess a failure to lift up our country & candidates to the ONE who holds our future in HIS hands.

Anonymous said...

One person can make a difference.

Mr. 53

Carol said...

I am hoping McCain chooses Condi for a VP!

vAdA said...

I didn't read it...but I didn't really have to because you already read it to me, and I hear your "opinion" about this subject A LOT! hehehe...just kidding! Well, and its very deep...so all I'm going to say is...I agree with you! =].

Juli said...

In case some are unaware, Sarah Palin has family that lives here in Richland. Her aunt and uncle are regular customers at the Spudnut shop where my amazing husband slaves, oops I meant works at. Her uncle brought in a copy of the e-mail that Sarah and her husband Todd sent to their entire family at the birth of their latest son Trig. Let me share a little:

"I am blessing you with this surprise baby because I only want the best for you. I've heard your prayers that this baby will be happy and healthy and I've answered them because I only want the best for you!...

...Every child is created special, with awesome purpose and amazing potential. Children are the most precious and promising ingredient in this mixed up world you live in down there on earth. Trig is no different, except he hs one extra chromosome. Doctors call it "Down's Syndrome", and Downs kids have challenges, but can bring you much delight and more love than you can ever imagine! Just wait and see, let me prove this, because I only want the best for you!"

The letter ends with:

Love, Trig's Creator, Your Heavenly Father.

My prayer Lord is please let all of us in America get to watch You prove to your promise in little Trig for the next 8 years!

Love to you all. ~Juli

And please, someone invite Tricia over to watch your DVR or Tivo this week!