Tuesday, September 2, 2008

a fresh start....

We started school today and it went really great for a first day.
We are all organized and prepared for the year ahead.
I have most of my ducks in-a-row except for submitting my SLP which totally daunts me, but, after talking to Jill I realize I have it REALLY easy so I will just do it and not worry about it.
Lacey started her new math program which is Consumer Math instead of the Incredibly-cruel-torment-anguish and pain that algebra 2 would have brought into this house.
Anyway, after 3 years of her crying,"what does math have to do with life?" I decided to find math that was relevant to life.
It's similar to consumer economics, in that it teaches how to budget a household, house to buy a car, how to use credit cards responsibly, how to buy a house; how it is NOT like consumer ec is she will Not have a "husband" or a " pregnancy" to deal with.
I thank the Lord for the small things.
Nevada was happy this year to have new books that were not hand-me-downs from Lace.
Again, I thank the Lord for the small things.
Have an awesome week everyone and remember...the Republican National Convention started tonight so the next time I see you we'll have something to talk about.
(right, like we need to have a topic to have something to talk about-ha!)


2 comments:

Tricia said...

Yeah, unfortunately since I have no roof in my garage, it means the antenna had to come down and hence the result, NO TV! I really wanted to watch the republican convention, too bad the democrats aren't on this week! You'll have to fill me in!

Sydnie said...

I think that this will be really good for Lace. Although, in consumer ec I was never pregnant of married.