Monday, September 8, 2008

I loved the Sunday morning message!
Tory was talking about how we must look at our weaknesses more instead of our strengths because through our weaknesses God is glorified!!!!
I am sensing a theme in my life: God is showing me my weaknesses and He wants me to change them so that he can bless others through me.
Here's an example:
I love to do yard work.
I could do yardwork all day long all week long and twice on Sundays(JK!).
Seriously, I love communing with nature and dirt and ...stuff and it is some really sweet time of worship for me.
Housework, on the other hand...not so much.
I am a survival housecleaner: I clean when someone's comin' over.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a pig cuz I like things neat and tidy but don't do the white glove thing cuz it will be brown.
All this to say: I don't invite people to my house spontaneously because I would be embarrassed that it was dirty and so, we miss out on fellowshipping with friends and neighbors.
Not good.
Here's another example:
I am not so good at follow through, in fact, you could say I'm a bit flaky.
Because I love to fly by the seat of my pants and I actually thrive on that frenetic energy, it is difficult to make plans in advance and actually see them through because by the time it gets there, I want to do something else, or I just plain don't want to do it anymore.
That is weakness...not good because I want to be a good example for my daughters and I should "do all things as unto the Lord".. that is to give my best at all times.
The problem with this flakiness is when you are a part of a, let's say a body of believers, that people will overlook you and look at someone who is good at following through and maybe this person is overwhelmed with life and what am I doing to bless that person and ease their load?????
I should find my reputation above reproach so that I can more effectively be a servant to my brothers and sisters in Christ.
Anyway, that is what God is talking to me about and sunday morning was such an affirmation of that.
Thank you friends for loving me AND my warts and thank you for challenging me to give my best in all things not just in the fun or easy things.
God is good...all the time.

;0)

5 comments:

Carol said...

I think you and I have some of the same struggles because our personalities are so similar. I have found that the only flakes people really like are the frosted ones, so I try to be REALLY SWEET! LOL!

emmajess said...

Lori, the Lord spoke to me on Sunday too...go figure. In fact I have a post in my drafts blabbering on about it.

I will be praying for you my friend as you let the Lord make weaknesses into strengths. This refining stuff can be hard ;o)

Jill said...

OOOps...that was me...not Em ;o)

Christy said...

Hey, I have an idea! I could come clean your house and you could come work in my yard! I would much rather clean house then work in the yard! :)

Leslie said...

I'm with Christy. I love ya so much I can't imagine you any better...but I know our Lord loves us all so much He desires us to be better. Our goal is Christlikeness so how cool that you are teachable and open to transformation! I missed the sermon b/cuz I was in Praise Kid Worship. My family raved about it also.