Sunday, September 14, 2008

BYE BYE....

Just a quick note:

I found out yesterday that a Disaster team of 30 was needed to go down to Texas to help in relief efforts.
As of today there is only about 16 who are going from the state.
We are leaving tomorrow for a 14 day stint on a feeding station.
As you know, God has been refining me by asking me to give my very best to Him in all things, including the mundane things of life.
And so, I have risen to the challenge this last week and guess what?
I am totally prepared to go!!!
I had a two day notice to go on a 14 day trip and I had most things taken care of around the house that made it possible for me to even consider this trip.
Did anyone notice the sign at church???
It said something like giving our best to the Lord!!!!!!
It is amazing How God prepared me for such a time as this.
Please pray that we impact that community in a positive manner. Please pray that I can connect with lost and hurting people and point them to Jesus.
I love you and will miss you greatly.

p.s. I'm a little nervous about the length of the trip. please pray that God will fill me up in such a way that I won't be terribly homesick on day 11, 12, 13 AND 14.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Lori, I will miss you terribly my friend but am so proud that you GO where and when the Lord leads you. We've got your back here and you will be covered in prayer. Be safe & I cannot wait to hear your stories when you come home!
Love ya!

Carol said...

We will all be praying for you and the group. Sounds like you will have to work really hard with a shorthanded team. God will be your strength Lori and i know He will use you in a profound way. See you when you get back and can't wait to hear all the amazing stories! =)