Wednesday, April 30, 2008

crazy-schedule....

".....Life is a highway....I'm gonna ride it all night long....."
And for the next 6 weeks the highway is going to be bumper-to-bumper traffic like downtown Seattle at 3:30 everyday!!!!!!
HOLY COW!
Lacey has just started Driver's Ed which is 3 days a week + 1 day a week for her drives + her guitar lesson and dance lesson and the possiblity of her getting a job at Long John Silvers on Fridays and Saturdays.
Seriously, life just got crazy for us....I'm not saying that we have the exclusive on this but, it's just beginning to set in.
Here's the "new" schedule:
Monday-School, drive Lacey in to Kennewewick for her drive from 12:00-1:00, then back home to finish school and then back to Kennewewick for her class from 6:00-8:00.
Tuesday-School, drive Lacey into Kennewick for guitar lesson, back home to finish school, drive Lacey back to Kennewick for class, back home to catch the end of American Idol.
Wednesday-School, drive Lacey into Richland for her dance class then FLY over to Kennewick for Vada's drum lesson at the same time, wait for her then FLY back to church in time for dinner and them to teach class at 5:30, home by 8:30 in time for American Idol.
Thursday-Faith day, School, drive Lacey to class in Kennewick.
Friday-get kids started on school, go to work for 6 hours, come home, make dinner and soon probably take Lace to work.
Saturday-there is something going every saturday for the entire month of May for me;
Family Fitness, Prom, yard sale, having Faith for the weekend and having
Amber for a week(both of which are a labor of love).
Sunday-drive Vada in for praise team at 7:00 a.m. then back home to get ready for church then back to church at 9:30 for SS, then back to church for choir then rush over to take Lacey to Toyota Center to work the concert then back to church and then back to Kennewick to take girls to concert, then ???? cuz the concert doesn't get over until 10:00 or 11 and so I guess I'll go home and then go back to pick them up?????
This is just for the next 6 weeks, fortunately.
The challenge for me is that I don't like to be that busy and I don't like my schedule to dictate my life, I rather like it the other way around, but, it is what it is and I will make the best of it.
Another huge obstacle is the huge gas consumption that will take place and where we will have to cut corners to stick to our budget.
Here's some things that I will do to cut corners:

No Downey, just dryer sheets.
Absolutely no extra trips to anywhere!
No Starbucks.
No late-night trips to Walmart(sorry Olivia).
I can't think of anything else, do you have any suggestion????
Please tell me.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Ginger can teach you to make your laundry soap. And Dave Ramsey says 'Rice and Beans' girlfriend!

I am telling you compound life sounds good. Bring on the denim skirts!

Tricia said...

You could even cut the bounce sheets in half and get twice the use out of them! ;)

Anonymous said...

We could disconnect the internet?

Con