Sunday, March 9, 2008

Madam Delegate...

This weekend was our County Repubilcan Convention where I sat as a delegate for my district.
I have to say that during the week leading up to it I really dreaded going.
Con was not able to go, my in-laws had to give up their seats as delegates because Dylan had a gymnastics meet, so.....it was going to be just me...me, myself and hundreds of others that I didn't know.
I was a whiny baby.
But, I went and I really had a great time!
God really blessed me by seating with some wonderful Christian ladies along with my fellow delegates who were just delightful.....what was my problem?????
It's not like this was my first Convention, in fact, it was my third, and who cares if I don't know anybody.
God has blessed me with the ability to make friends with just about anybody and last week I was entirely wrapped in me.
I don't want to go, I have been busy, I want to stay home, I am tired, I, I, I, I.
Goodness!!!!!!
Anyhoo, it was a great day.
We accomplished all that we had to do; elect delegates to go to the State convention, vote on all resolutions to the Platform and adopt the Platform, and I made some new friends along the way.
We even voted to have a Family section reflecting traditional values added to the Platform.
It was the largest delegation ever at any convention statewide, we heard from Dino Rossi, our next Governor, and from Rob McKenna, the Attorney General, as well as Doc Hastings.
I always come home revived to fight the good fight for our State and for family values and this weekend was no exception.
Sometimes it's easy to get discouraged when you watch the news or read the newspaper and hear all the bad things happening to our society, our families, but, I am ALWAYS encouraged after things like this because there are good people trying to make THIS state, at least, a better place.
I'm all about being pro-active to that end and I feel it is an honor to be part of the Republican Party where we all have a voice and a place to be heard.
So, what's next on my political calendar???
Getting Dino Rossi elected for Governor!!!!!!!
I told Con when he picked me up that there was a new man in my life that I really love.
(jk)
He took it really well.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I am glad you are doing this for all of us, my political friend!